Saturday, April 7, 2012

April and 1/30

So I just found out April is National Poetry Writing Month!  I've never considered myself a writer, and definitely not a poet! But my desire to express is getting the better of me. Photography is my go-to form, of course, but since Rae has begun painting I'm finding an urge to tackle the harder forms of expression that I gave up a long time ago. This is primarily writing, maybe some painting later too. Music?! Verdict is still out on that one.
I realize and accept that I will not be good at everything, maybe even none of them. But I'll do this for me. One poem/writing per day for the month of April. Thirty days...which is the other half of the reason I'm doing this. My reflection of my little life thus far. I know I'm a week late (it wouldn't be me if I wasn't late, really), so I'll start with 1 and catch up.

And I'll go ahead and call this morning's facebook post (and root of my last blog title) my 1/30...

 you should see the way the morning light melts through this dusty broken window pane.  you should see the birds crossing from my building to the next, the trees across the way busting with green. you should feel the things housed in this small ribcage, each flexible bone being tested with the pulse. full of everything from loss to love. colors of rust and tart as grapefruit on your tongue.

1 comment:

  1. It's honest and tender, and warm...it's without words...great poem.

    ReplyDelete