Friday, April 13, 2012

13/30

Friday 13th, I laugh in your general direction.
I laugh in the face of the color process that took me all.freaking.day.long.
I laugh at the power outage at school, the storm sirens
and the faculty rushing us all into the bathrooms for shelter.
I laugh because I haven't heard so much boo-hooing, bawling
and "in the name of Jesus"-ing all at once in a long time.
Or ever maybe!
I laugh at washing out hair bleach in the dark with cold water and flashlights,
in a hurry to hide for the next siren sounding.
I laugh (sort of) at the creepy feeling I got approaching the darkened dispense room
where I could feel something milling around unseen.
I laugh because I ran later for dinner
and stained my hands with green while refreshing my haircolor.
Friday 13th, you tried hard, but I liked you anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment