Monday, April 9, 2012

7/30

I wonder if, while cooking, a parent thinks only about the cooking - the tenderness of the carrots or the temperature of the meat. I wonder if parents think of more, in relation. Like how the buttery snap of a snap pea cooked just right might instill within their child a certain wisdom for life. The foresight steamed chard will infuse into their little bodies. A noodle's malty thickness imparting some truth about love or acceptance.
I wonder if there are parents that think of both, or neither. I'm sure many do wish to manifest these supernatural gifts of sustenance, even if subconsciously.
One day, for me, it will be conscious. I'll consider the snap peas and their wisdom, the chard's foresight and the love in noodles. I'll watch them consume the well wishes I have for them each day after hard play. One of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment