Wednesday, August 4, 2010

a life change

i've been a hermit lately. and i've emerged from the dark cave of blogging solitude to be open with you. i'm going through a life change. after 6 years of marriage my husband and i are splitting. its been a very emotional and tearful time these past weeks. but i needed to be honest with myself, with him, with family and friends. and now with you. 

i suppose this would be a coming out blog. so here it is. here i am. i like girls. attracted to girls, that is. i've never particularly liked them which is funny, but that's another issue. it took me basically forever to admit. and its the hardest thing i've ever done, especially considering it meant i would be ending my marriage. this isn't taken lightly and i'm not looking for anyone's sympathy. or attention. or criticism.

i'm the same person. i have the same heart. the same soul.

think what you will. approval or disapproval. i'm listening to that deep, quiet voice inside. from the depths of my heart and the pit of my stomach, i'm following the serene lead. my heart aches for what i will be missing, for preston and for our broken relationship. its going to take a while to figure out where to go, what to do, how to continue. and for now that's all there is to tell...

6 comments:

  1. oh love
    holding this space for you.
    so very honest and raw and...i think that it's incredibly brave for you to stand up for who you are... to take that chance. it can be scary, and liberating and...
    i'm in awe of you.
    everyone deserves their chance for love
    for happiness
    for self.
    and thats for preston too.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending peace and happiness vibes your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm blown away by your honesty and your bravery. Not just coming out, but being so committed to living honestly in your life, even when it means inflicting and enduring pain. You're in my thoughts, and I'm wishing you an enlightening transition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shar, I love you. You have loved me and been the best friend to me through the years. Nothing you change about your lifestyle will ever change that! I will be praying for you and for Preston that you both come away from this with grace and respect for the time you had together. Please lean on me if you need to. I will always be around sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete