Thursday, April 28, 2011

and the kaleidoscope turns yet again

i got a call from the Paul Mitchell school yesterday and financial aid will completely cover my school expenses!!!!!!! yes, i'll be paying back a helluvalot in loans once classes are over....but i'll be a hair stylist by then!
when it comes to big decisions like this ("hmm....i think i wanna spend $16,000 and go to hair school!") i seem to jump in head first, no second thoughts. but i've been circling the gorge before the final plunge this time, just to be sure. but regardless of the obvious worries all i can say is that this road feels...fitting. delightfully fitting, actually.
i still want to do as much photo & design work as i can manage, and hopefully by the time i'm out of school i can support myself solely with my camera & shears. an artful life, documentation and creation. it feels colorful.
along with this, my usual comparison to life is my garden. the seeds i had replanted have finally emerged and have thoroughly enjoyed the rain. i'm still watering with my stored rainwater and am relieved to finally see some growth (in all aspects).

sad news: my allie still hasn't come home. =(
frankie is so so lonely, especially since i've been working out of the house more. and i know its only going to get worse when i start school. i've been thinking of getting him a buddy. i was watching some orientals on youtube and found this one that sounds so much like my little boy! (yes, i know, "alien-ish" is what you're probably thinking.) but i love it!

1 comment: