Monday, May 31, 2010

post-bout & anniversary

sooo my first bout with the angels of no mercy was aaaammaaaaazing!!!!!!! i'm totally in love with it! the team, the fans, the knocking down & getting up, the rush of it all! morning welcomed me with a nervous stomach but i chilled soon and i remained calm (somehow) until the start! 
my heart jumped a bit the first time i stepped up to the line but as soon as the whistle blew i was fine. it wasn't nearly as scary as i thought it would be! even though all the opponents were (of course) bigger than me i did my darnedest to hold my ground...even when Toxic Ta'Kilah's giant boobs were about to knock me out!

here's an iphone pic my dad took before we started
yep, sexy, huh? with my slobbery mouth guard in hand and my hair slicked into the helmet. ha!

anyway, i had a blast! sadly, we lost go the green country thunder dollz but it was a fight the whole way and we entertained the small (due to holiday) but lively crowd.  i'm ready to get some more practice in now that i have a better idea of the end result. 

OH! and someone asked for my autograph! i probably shouldn't have said "you really want my autograph!?!" but i couldn't help it...i was in shock!

~~~

as i mentioned in my last post, yesterday was also our 6 year wedding anniversary! 
preston worked, i skated. 
we both halfheartedly wish we had planned something grand for our weekend because after all six years seems like one of those big anniversaries! we both arrived home smelly & tired but went out to the derby after party, had good time, and slept super late today. we've had so many planned-out celebratory weekends before and they were all fun...but there's nothing quite like playing the hermit together. especially when its raining outside!!! 
i can't believe its been 6 years! {side note: someone asked me yesterday "so, did you guys start dating high school?" haha! nope, i replied and was giddy upon hearing that they thought i was 23. heehee}

happiness & love, baby

we loved this quote & put it on our wedding programs:

"Here Love's longing draws back the veil, and illumines the recesses of the heart,
Creating a happiness that no other happiness can surpass but that of the Soul when she embraces God."

-Kahlil Gibran from Secrets of the Heart, chapter on The Way of Marriage.

5 comments:

  1. Happy belated anniversary, buddy! I can't believe it's already been 6 years! I'm proud of you guys =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post almost made me cry! so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hopefully it would have been a good cry! ;-)

    ReplyDelete