Monday, March 29, 2010

growth & doodles

    this past weekend i stayed in ardmore for the Professional Photographers of Oklahoma Spring Seminar. it was a super fun time and i got an overload of creative stimulation! since i've been going to PPO seminars i've always hung around in the back by myself. or the front by myself. really just wherever, but usually by myself.
    i know some people there and we talk every once in a while but usually my attendance is kinda sporadic so i think most people forget me. i decided on saturday that i was going to change all this. i was going to be proactive. i recognized a photographer i've met before when she waved at me from a table. she was sitting with a couple other photographers i really admire, so i decided it was my chance. i'll meet them.
    i was brave enough to invite myself to sit with them and before i knew it we were all acquainted, drinking wine, and our group grew. in addition to the women at the table i also talked with a couple of the speakers at the conference, who were both super sweet and fun! from the group was born a project that i will be participating in (excited and nervous!).
    THEN, i went to the two frogs grill and got a table just for myself and enjoyed a lovely lunch while pouring over my photo notes & dreaming up new shoot ideas. sounds stupid, i know. but i don't think i could have confidently gotten myself a "table for one" a few years ago!
   i could float away with excitement for all the new photographer friends i made and the inspiration that i'm finding within.
but alas....

3 comments:

  1. and i have no idea why i drew a squirrel. i just like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your drawing makes me sad :( our dreams should be our jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely! its getting closer...

    ReplyDelete