Thursday, March 24, 2011

create your reality

today was my last day of employment at the bank where i have been for 6 years. its been a safe job - one i kept while i was living in stillwater. 8-5 (or later), benefits, decent paycheck. safe.
i moved to norman with a job in the edmond branch but found out my second day there that the branch was closing. sorry if you've heard this story before (or a thousand times before). but obviously there are other plans. so, as of today i'm no longer employed. i'm deciding what it is i want to do next. 
i had been looking for full time office jobs, since i'm very qualified and know i can make a decent living with it. but i've resented being an office hamster for years. my heart spurs me on toward dreaming.
now i have the opportunity to go out and do whatever i want. live how i want. create my reality. so tomorrow i'm visiting the Paul Mitchell school for a tour and more info on becoming a hair stylist! for years i've considering becoming a hair stylist but it hadn't quite settled in my soul until now. i've been planning my new camera purchase for weeks and revving myself up for an etsy shop revamp. photography, design, hair, creativity. its everything i feel inside, now we'll see if i can make it a living. so, *whew* here goes nothin'...

also, some photos of my hang time with scout yesterday...





 yep, adorable











and trying to pick out paint for my bedroom...
(i'm liking the gold at the very bottom left!)  =D

1 comment:

  1. I love every, single, little, beautiful thing about this post!!!! YAY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete