Sunday, February 14, 2010

stupid valentine's day

i'm normally a sap about life & love so maybe its my penance that the one romantic day for the year is treating me like hell this time around.

we woke up late and cuddled in our comfy bed. got up & went to eat lunch. it was all good so far, but i was a loser this year and hadn't bought my valentine his gift yet. so off i went to shop. by the time i came home with a lame gift (that will be returned tomorrow because i suck) and set up my display stuff to photograph for my stillwater arts festival application i had already run out of daylight and the photos were impossible. grr! -way to procrastinate!-

i shot some of my photo project in film, which was fun & filled with anticipation. but i always forget that my canon demi half frame camera boggles photo labs when it comes to framing & printing.
(2 photos for frame, people! just crop each photo & print!) so, now i must wait until tomorrow to see if i can take them to another lab to save to cd.  -good luck, self.- 
luckily, the other film camera i used was normal so those came out fine...though blurry because i must not have been paying attention to my focus. that or i can't estimate distance in feet. (running turned me into a metric girl)

then i got the mail from yesterday and all my black & white film was returned to me because my professional lab has decided to no longer develop b&w!!!  so there are two more rolls of film to be passed around to another lab in hopes of developing.

now its dark and i feel like i have wasted the entire day. i know i know, cherish what i have. preston is just patiently waiting for me to suck it up and snap out my pissy mood. he's a good valentine and bought me roses with green chrysanthemums (i actually saw them at the store last night and almost told him i wanted them but decided not to in case he had bought something else), reese's hearts & a heart box of chocolates. and an awesome card about how i must only be able to put up with him because of his awesome sexiness. 

anyway....i hope you're all having a better one. we'll get a heart shaped pizza & beer now. we'll watch movies and i'll stop being a baby and remember what matters.

1 comment: