Tuesday, February 2, 2010

photo therapy

   ggaaarrrrrr! so i thought this week would play out perfectly after such a good weekend. i mean, really all i gotta do is look forward to friday with high hopes and feel encouraged, right?  HA! well the high from the weekend bottomed out and its only tuesday.  
  now all the wonderful little weekend spoutings about enjoying life in the moment and learning to live with what you have (blah blah blah) crash right down on my furrowed brow.  "to hell with it!" i proclaim throughout the day (in my head, of course.)

(...well, ok, sometimes out loud too.)

  my contempt for my office job, the fact that all my pants this week are way tighter than they were last week, preston is working tonight and not with me, i always hate my photos and everyone else's always look amazing, i wish i were a better writer and i wish i could paint....agghhhhhh!

  the work day was finally over and as i got out of my car at home i saw them...tiny little birdie tracks. (yes, birdie.)  so i decided on photo therapy. its that one thing that almost always wipes that spoiled toddler expression off my face. i don't have to be around people or think about my stupid job or worry about what the cats are breaking in the next room...
its just me, the birds & the trees (since i'm usually drawn somewhere outside city limits on an old country road.)


of course, i forget that most country roads are dirt. but i turn down one anyway and of course immediately find something i just can't do without capturing. and so i ventured...


work pants hiked, poor taped fuji around my neck, and my (now muddy) sanuks.

 

it was pretty messy from alternating between mud & slush


but i was outside. i was delightfully cold. i was at home with myself, with the trees & snow.




now for some wine therapy.....

6 comments:

  1. Love the pictures and you!! You are an amazing photographer and writer, don't forget it lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as already stated, you are amazing! don't let a stuffy, padded cube convince you otherwise. i can't wait for the day when you really fly...like a birdie :) also, fresh air and country roads do wonders on a person's soul. i know where there are many said roads if you ever want to drive west:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps - wine therapy is...deliciously fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it makes you feel any better, I'm stuck in a pattern of waiting for Fridays too. It's just that most days I don't even know what to do with myself! Keep chasing your dreams! (Life is really dull without those.) And keep thanking God for them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the birdie tracks! those photos made me really want to get somewhere outside of the city. i need some country therapy too. and yes, wine therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we should take a short road trip with cameras some weekend, leigh

    ReplyDelete