Friday, June 17, 2011

today

today:
i woke up on time
i got to chat with Rae (in Ghana) over facebook chat before his weekend travels
i did my first hair wash on my hair doll (who i named Coleman)
i performed my first roller set
had the most amazing grilled cheese & carrot cake lunch
bought some more black clothes for school and work

today = good

no, today = amazing

as i was washing Coleman's hair today it felt so natural, like i've done it before. i know, its just a hair washing - technically i haaaave done it thousands of times before on myself. but washing someone else (especially a detached head) is different. and it felt good.  while doing my roller set i was thinking "i have no idea what i'm doing!!! omagaaah, how did i get into hair school?! this is crazy!?"
crazy, and loving it. every day since i started i can't help but wonder why it took me so long to get on this train. i went for so long considering it, but i suppose now was the perfect time. it feels like my perfect path. life, i love you.

 coleman, waiting

 post-wash
 roller set!


break time with fellow newbie students! (yes, by the dumpster)

1 comment:

  1. I think your path is beautiful + and now that your on it + just enjoy the ride + pursuing what you really want to do is a blast + and while it ain't easy it's worth it + because going to college for the first time at my age was pretty intimidating + but hey you just shake that feeling off after a while.

    Wyetha

    ReplyDelete