Sunday, May 22, 2011

hushed

i’ve been hushed. 
my avid proclamations of self lowered to a mumble, and then to silence. i felt life stirring, the pulling of the undercurrent. so i let my little hands release the banked branch to which i had been holding. the river cradled and carried me away in its fluid arms. 
tumbling, spinning, dancing underneath the surface of the water. 
a soundtrack reverberates through my soul. raw banjo melodies, harmonicas and reedy voices. 
something has changed. everything has changed.





4 comments:

  1. I had a flashback to our creative writing class when I read this. I'd give it an A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Diana just like that, but I also have like 3 rolls of film waiting to be processed. I love that little plastic camera. -- Wyetha

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks lis!

    and yeah, wyetha, i have sooo many rolls of film i still need to develop! this is my first with the diana though so we'll see how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharalee + i changed my buttons + check for the new codes + and thanks SO MUCH for the add + you have made my day.

    ReplyDelete