Tuesday, May 10, 2011

can i get a "heeelll yeah!"

since i moved here i have been planning on getting a japanese maple for my front flower bed but had been waiting since the smallest ones i found were $40. this weekend i made the plunge, and to my surprise the tree rang up as $15! yay!! so while preparing to plant my tree yesterday my neighbor tells me that he has caught allie in his workshop! double yay!!!
so my baby kitty is home! she's skinny and dirty but she came home a new lady - she loves me! she was preston's cat and was still never fond of me after he moved but 4 weeks in the rough and i think she's grateful to be home. <3
mom came over to help me plant my tree. it was a perfect monday. i have my tree. i have my kitty.

also, more garden photos to come soon. i've done some moving & changing. i replaced my sunflowers with tomatoes, peppers and basil. and my strawberry plant is producing! yay!


my front flower bed!

my lovely new japanese red maple



by the end of my dirt day i turned off the water hose and stood here a minute at my fence to soak in all that is my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment