Tuesday, February 8, 2011

home

i'm moved. everything i own is now in my grandparents' old house. it's the house where my mother grew up; where my brothers and i spent countless summer hours playing until the sun set, disappearing into our imaginations. it's been my favorite place on earth for as long as i can remember. you can't take your worries to grandma's house, so they sat outside on the front porch until we were ready to leave.
it still smells the same. the creaks and moans of the house are the same. but now its my home. at least for a while.

it feels so good to be here, not having to drive back to stillwater after my weekend. i feel home.

 photo typical of my family. david on a bike, jesse snowboarding - all in my backyard.





 my new bedroom...and my mom planning where to put things

 patriotic makeshift curtain


cowboy hat i found in the room

 my bed is ready! and frankie is ready for it.

 i love finding things like this in the house...who needs a thrift store!?!?!

 my new chair! (i did find this at a thrift store - $12, baby!!!!!)  {love it}

 it's the perfect chair for thinking about life.

 and being a dork.

grasshoppers & mustard pretzels. yumm!

in other news...
i just found out today that the branch of the bank i just moved to (that i have been at for two days now) is closing in six weeks! all i can say is - perfect timing!!! no, seriously...if i knew a couple weeks ago that the branch was closing i would probably not have moved. at least not this easily. but i needed to move. and now i have the opportunity to find a new job, something i love (or at least love more than what i was doing). i can do anything i want! i love how my life takes major turns. i really do, i embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment