Monday, June 24, 2013

Northern Cali

The further North we go the more I fall in love. The clouds lie low on the trees, the air still above the oceans roll. Highway 101 keeps you so near the Pacific you feel you can reach your hand out the window for a cool swim. The air is floral and salt, spice of wild-growing fennel and sweet grass.

I could live here....except its still in California and I'm ready for Oregon.


What are these? They look like orchids, but grow wild in N Cali!


Redwoods!




We camped a night at Jedediah Smith Redwood State Park outside Crescent City, CA. We arrived at dark but awoke to the most glorious sight. They weren't the biggest Redwoods we have seen, but they were still amazing.

Scampi in the Redwoods



These little guys...everywhere

licorice ferns growing and uncurling, so cute






Rumi hardly ever looks at the camera, this was a feat.

Fungi always reminds me of my lovely friend Leigh {Bromeleighad}



I'm a real fairy!

Sadly, I can't even remember what beach this was. I'm guessing its Harris Beach, which is actually on the very Southern edge of Oregon. Next time I'm taking road sign photographs.

I don't love this photo, but I love us.



On we go!
















No comments:

Post a Comment