Thursday, September 13, 2012

September

Ohhh September, what is it about you?! September consistently seems to usher in an air of change. The directions begin to shift and before you  notice you have already begun taking the alternate path. A small taste of what is to come, clearing like the autumn air.
  Rae and I keep on our doing. We bought the paint and decided on plans for the internal cosmetic overhaul of Scampi (or so we call him, our little camper.) I am feeling my maternal instinct take over hold here as I hold Rae out of the way so I can get a better mental image of our new home. Jeep is his, Scamp is mine. After all, and I'm pretty sure I forgot to mention this before, when we looked at the tag upon purchase it was already registered as "S - Stephens."    :)




All the OSU stickers have been removed. No offense to my alma mater, but I don't really care about you at all. My life is more colorful than orange and black.

     In addition to the physical nesting, we adopted a new baby. My heart grew a size, or a few, at this little guys face. Rae has wanted a Yorkshire Terrier since we've been together, so when we found him I folded (and then fell in love.) This little one needed re-homed due to owner health problems and spousal death. He's 5 months old and we named him Woodie Guthrie (to be called Guthrie for short.)
     The owner contacted us a few hours after we told her we couldn't have him till we left for Washington. She had decided he was ours, whenever we were ready. Our anticipation pushed us, so yesterday we picked him up and dosed him with as much love and booster shots as we could before letting him rest at his foster home. He and Frankie will be best buddies and bunk-mates for the Pacific trek.




I am glowing and aching with anticipation, heartache and love. I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment