Saturday, July 7, 2012

july is hot as balls.

  Oklahoma years should skip from May to September. We don't really need July or August, right?! I'm over the heat, just like everyone else. But other than the garden tending and bike-riding to work I haven't really been outdoors much.
   I realize each week when I have an hour or two between salon and table-waiting (and Rae is at work) that - wow - I don't have much alone time. And usually my alone time is filled with pet-tending or mindless facebook wanderings. Upon home arrival Frankie "YOOOOOWWL"s because he is hungry. I sympathize, I'm hungry all the time too. And our new baby Jax (the rescued sparrow) "TWEEP!TWEEP!TWEEP!"s at me because, although we are weaning her and she absolutely knows how to eat her birdseed, she wants to be fed as well.
   Half an hour of feeding and attention between the two, then I make my salad lunch. Open a bottle of Abita Jockamo IPA and settle on the couch with Kinfolk for a soak-up-the-solitude read. My lovely friend Leigh lent the first three volumes to us after our own kinfolk dinner and drink the other night. Love, love, and love. Frankie gazes at the window (or the birdcage?!) through afternoon nap eyes. Jax warbles and preens herself. I read about solitude and reflection, and enjoy a little myself.
  If you haven't lately, make some time for You, whatever that may be.

Have a good weekend!

 morning coffee date with my lover

 new baby Jax

afternoon read and relax

No comments:

Post a Comment