Friday, November 25, 2011

thanks giving

I won't be shy about it - I have the best life.
I have the best love, my person who supports me and cheers me on every day. Not one second has passed since we met that I have doubted where we stand, where I stand in Rae's life, or how I am adored. Not one second. My life-journey-partner-lover-friend. I am home here.
I have the best friends. Most of them are old friends, ones that stay with you through all your craziness. Each playing their own part, adding certain things to certain parts of life. Friends who reemerged after years of silence, college friends, walk-on-break-at-the-job-we-hate friends, friends you meet through other friends, friends who moved away in body only. My life would be so different if even one of them was not a part of me.
I have the best family. My parents love me and I've never doubted it. My brothers haven't disowned me after all those years of taunting and torture, on the contrary, they love me.

There are plenty of things I could say that I still want, as I'm human, but living with "want" is not how I will choose to conduct my days. I have more than I need, more than I could ask for. The word "thankful" barely covers it. The best part being that I recognize and feel this fullness every day.

1 comment: