Tuesday, June 8, 2010

life relocated

as i mentioned, we moved. yep, i can now say "moved" and not "are moving." although that does not mean we're unpacked! ha!

its been an emotional week. other than whatever crazy coaster my hormones were on i was faced with the overwhelming task of packing my life away. i know we only moved across town. and i know, people move everyday, across countries and over oceans. so our move is no big deal really! but i'm pathetically sentimental.

this last apartment had become home, even more than our first one. this was the apartment we lived in when i photographed my first wedding, started the design side of my business, and learned to poach an egg. we planted our own herbs on our balcony there, i rode my bike to bars midweek, began baking our own bread and drastically increased our recycling habits. i started roller derby there. three years of growth.

three years of learning more about ourselves and separating from our old lives, old habits. we've become more definite in our ideals and decisions. i've become more "me." preston keeps reminding me that i'll still be doing all these things in our new home...but its just my little sentimental heart. ah well.

those years of growth also meant we were busting at the seams (almost literally!)  i had about 50 more boxes of loot from design & photo work than the last time we moved and i don't think anyone could fathom how we fit all our crap into that tiny one bedroom apartment.  
-side note: i'm terribly indebted to our friends & family that helped us move-

so we're in our new place. hopefully it will become home soon enough when we get everything unpacked & situated. my little heart will be fine...



2 comments: