Thursday, February 21, 2013

Everything Right Now...


Everything right now...its good. Moving, buzzing. We re-evaluated our monies over breakfast the other day and set our launch date for April 15th. Fifty-some days left here in Oklahoma!!!  It still sounds like a lot but we keep thinking of how quickly this past year has gone by. We have a to-do list full of final checks and ends to tie up. Finish paying off debt. Reach our minimum savings amount. Sell the rest of my things I can't take. Almost there.

It has been snowing in Oklahoma, again. Snow day #4 since we have been living in the Scamp. And how many snow days does Oklahoma normally give when I'm NOT living outside?! One, maybe two?!?! Thanks, dear home state. Poor Rumi has been confined to the trailer more between her wet, muddy potty breaks. I walk her where I can through the sludge and promise her long trips to the lake when it dries. 

I am deciding on when to turn in my salon key and counting down my weekends left bar-tending/serving at the pub. We scheduled our farewell party and I keep thinking of ways to see all my people before I go. It's feeling more real, and my heart is equally sunken and soaring. Good conversations like I've had this week (in even the simplest avenues of texting) already have me feeling the warmth that will follow when we're gone. I'm going to lose physical contact with my Oklahoma loves, but nothing more. The connections I have now, I will always have. They will only strengthen with absence, because I know that's how my soul will work it. A couple old familiar green bean cans attached by string, stretching from Oklahoma to wherever I am.

My heart beats gratitude and love today.


we have been videoing some things...soon to come!
first coffee making in the Scamp!
morning cuddles

1 comment: