Saturday, December 29, 2012

White Sheets

  It happened Christmas morning as we dressed and pushed our sleepy bodies out of the warm womb of Scampi - our dry Oklahoma dirt was delicately sprinkled with snow!  Christmas white sheets.


  I always loved holiday snows but this one was a bit different as trekking to and from the house through the yard for bathroom use made the prospect a little less than ideal. But it came and we have survived our first snow in the camper.
(Needless to say, I ordered myself a new pair of boots with lots of this sort of trekking in mind for the future.)

Rumi was ecstatic about romping around in the cold.
my sweet snow pup!
(these boots are not warm.)
housemate snow fight
* snug inside*



berries for the birdies



  I've not yet begun to make my summations of the year. I'm trying to remain here, earthed.  We still have so many things to take care of before we embark, so much money to save and plans to make. I find myself either losing patience or floating in outer space, my go-to distractions. Living in the camper hasn't made us go crazy or hate each other, but it has definitely turned up the refining heat. All sorts of things are coming to the top and I'm narrowing.
Minimizing, in soul form. Desire is what you let it be.


Cheers for your holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment