Thursday, August 9, 2012

dinner

I'm going back through my photos and remembering all the blog ideas I had but haven't yet manifested. So, here is one. About dinner. Dinners, I should say. Rae and I have been realizing more and more lately how significant food and communion is to the soul and relationship. And I suppose now that we're moving from one living space to another I can look back and say that the most meaningful moments at our apartment on 21st Street are the dinners together.

We are taking more enjoyment in our preparation - Rae doing the chef's dance of timing and heat over the stove and I lounging back with camera and wine. And the meal - the seasoning on a delicious dish of shared pleasure.

 this beet
became this meal

pesto-crusted chicken (pesto made from a combo of ours and a dear friend's basil), the beet and its greens (from our garden), and rice. And of course, the wine - Casal Garcia (our new reasonably priced white summer favorite).


*bliss on a plate*




the love and I




Put pleasure on your plate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment